ServiceNow is a platform that organizes and automates the flow of work and removes unnecessary steps in the workflow like recursive tasks to streamline the delivery of services. ServiceNow has many benefits: it tends to unite IT operations, security management, risk management, and deliver resilient services which are based on customer-centered priorities.
ServiceNow is a cloud-based process management tool that allows business organizations to increase operating efficiencies by streamlining and automating routine work activities. With origins in IT Service Management, ServiceNow has expanded to become the corporate service management application for enterprises, uniting all business functions from customer service to HR to security, and more.
Features Of Service Now
- Scalability– ServiceNow Implementation in your business provides scalability to your business that it can handle the changes as per requirement.
- Low amount of configuration-Service Now requires only a low amount of infrastructure configuration as it provides us the whole setup to manage all the services.
- Flexibility-The processes are flexible and run simultaneously. It tends to perform different tasks.
- Higher Productivity-Automation improves the service requests, procurement, incident management, onboarding and which makes IT teams work effectively and giving your business major leads globally. These platforms keep reducing the delays and interruptions and even can resolve the issues faster.
- Customer centricity– It provides customer satisfaction and clients centric solutions. You can handle your different projects on this platform.
The ServiceNow Implementation and Management
ServiceNow Implementation can extend your IT system’s functionality by connecting your business areas with the ServiceNow platform. ServiceNow allows you to integrate with a huge no of databases. It helps you to manage all your IT tasks and operations with good efficiency.
Implementation steps for Service now-:
1. Research on Organizational Goals– It consists of complete research on the objective of the organization. Develop a phase-wise implementation plan. Track your process to compare it with the expected results and reach the goal.
2. Creating the Roadmap-You create the proper plan to reach that particular goal and keep track of your progress.
3. Mapping Strategy- Map all operations that need to be done. Mapping the business needs with the Servicenow capabilities, determine your high priority tasks, and do it first. Keep the track of even smaller changes in your organization.
3. Explore Opportunities to Vision– Keep sharing the performance report to the department leaders and getting their feedback to keep evolving and also the ServiceNow implementation roadmap.
4. Work with a ServiceNow Team of professionals– You will be having a Service Now expertise team of professionals who guides you through the quality of work who help you in delivering the project successfully.
Benefits of IT ECOSYSTEM
- Optimize IT service operations- ServiceNow implementation and management provides secure, automated digital operations, increases productivity, and delivers flexible services.
- Manage risk, security, and cost-It automates the work across IT to manage it in real-time which optimizes and reduces your hardware, software, and cloud costs.
- Alignment of Objectives- Maximize initiatives and focus on the investment as per Your need to keep the track of your objectives so you can improve them. the priorities.
- Better quality – ServiceNow provides you the complete transparency into your operations and allows you to create personalized reports.
- Improve Productivity- ServiceNow speeds up many processes for example the approvals process and the responses to requests by employees. It automates most of the tasks and even identifies and fixes problems before their launch. ServiceNow can also reduce customer wait timings because of the proper scheduling of every process.
ServiceNow Implementation and management Empowers the IT Ecosystem
It provides different Products and Services.
- IT service management-ServiceNow provides modern SaaS-based and mobile capable incident management, request management, issue and change management that meets the escalating demands of the staff, customers, and vendors efficiently and cost-effectively. Some of the features of IT service management are-:
- IT operation Management-ServiceNow Implementation completes Discovery and Service Mapping and then has a “single pane of glass” to implement, track, and automate the management of the best-of-breed ITOM tools.
It helps organizations in gaining visibility for their products and services. It takes the advantage of Machine learning and Artificial intelligence to automate the processes. It helps businesses to Improve Quality and optimize their infrastructure.
- IT Business Management-Boost overall enterprise functions, transform HR resources with automation. It will help the team concentrate on business plans and recruitment plans by reducing their workload.
- IT Asset Management-Automate all the hardware assets and software licenses in one single platform, digitize all the end-to-end execution of processes in the life cycle. Modernize and automate IT and reduce your IT costs.
- DevOps– It helps in implementing all the IT operations and software development life cycle, Helps in getting more useful data insights out of a lot of information.
- Security Operations-You will be able to detect the threats and warnings quickly. It provides you a more secure environment.
- Customer Service management-Automate regular customer support activities to save money and get a better understanding of the company’s customer service department.
- Hybrid Cloud Management-Discovery and Service Mapping in order to build a SaaS-based “single source of IT reality” and a “single pane of glass” for monitoring and managing the IT properties, whether they be on-premise, off-site, or in the cloud with AWS, Azure, Google, and others.
- Network Management-It helps in tracking the performance of the network and maintain it. It monitors the health of your network and keeps it consistent for a longer period of time.
- CSDM(Common Services Data Model)-CSDM, The Service Now framework that is used to build the Configuration management databases. It’s an implementation guide for the service Now products. It helps you in placing the services & Applications in Configuration management databases. The adherence to the CSDM provides you transparent service costing and accurate reporting. It also helps you in easier upgrades with proper guidance in data modeling and data management.
Service Now Implementation Provides you all the capabilities on a single platform to manage all your services in a single place. You can manage your organization efficiently using Service Now implementation. It works like a backbone for your IT team management from scheduling of tasks to management of your assets it has the ability to organize the IT infrastructure in the best possible ways. Simplifying Your IT Tasks using the Service Now reduces your time and manpower, eventually increases the revenue.
CONCLUSION– Service Now Implementation and management is completely based on existing IT operations knowledge, It does not require highly skilled experts for IT operations. It can be adopted without major changes in the processes and reskilling our IT Staffs.
Service Now Implementation allows you to handle all the operations with ease and it has the potential to optimize the best out of your organization using different products and services. Implementing the Service Now Implementation can simplify not only your IT Ecosystem but also manages the customer and employees’ workflows. It has the potential to create workflows that automate the process of data extraction makes it the best offering in today’s cloud space.
Thanks For Reading
Read More on Aelum Blogs
Author: Rati Kumari Jha
Designation: Technical Content Writer