Identify high-impact risks, assess them, make better risk-based decisions about risk mitigation strategies, and reduce reaction time from days to minutes with ServiceNow Risk Management.
ServiceNow Risk Management
Integrated Risk Management (IRM) is a suite of risk management tools provided by ServiceNow, a leading provider of cloud-based services for enterprise management. .
- ServiceNow IRM enables organizations to identify, assess, prioritize, and manage risks in a centralized and systematic manner
- The platform provides a suite of tools for risk assessment, risk mitigation planning, risk tracking, and reporting, as well as integration with other ServiceNow applications such as security and compliance.
- ServiceNow IRM helps organizations to identify and manage risks across their operations and make informed decisions about risk mitigation strategies, thereby improving their overall risk management posture.
ServiceNow Integrated Risk Management Features
ServiceNow IRM provides a number of features to help organizations manage information security and risk, including:-
The ability to perform risk assessments on various assets and business processes and to track and manage the results of those assessments.
Support for tracking and managing risk mitigation activities, including the assignment of mitigation tasks to specific individuals, tracking of progress and completion, and generation of reports.
A dashboard to provide real-time visibility into the overall organizational risk posture and to monitor risk trends over time.
A centralized repository for storing and organizing risk-related information, including risk assessment templates, mitigation plans, and security policies.
Support for managing and enforcing security policies, including the ability to assign policies to specific assets and business processes, track policy compliance, and generate reports.
Ability to monitor compliance with regulations, standards, and best practices, track compliance activities, and generate reports.
ServiceNow IRM Implementation Process
The implementation of ServiceNow IRM in an organization typically involves the following steps:
Define the goals and objectives for the IRM implementation and determine the specific requirements for the system. It includes data requirements, security requirements, and integration requirements.
Set up the IRM system by configuring settings, customizing templates and forms, and defining workflows and processes.
3. Data Migration:
Migrate existing risk management data into the IRM system, including information about assets, business processes, risks, and mitigation plans.
4. User Training:
Train relevant users on how to use the IRM system, including how to perform risk assessments, create mitigation plans, and monitor risk.
Integrate the IRM system with other relevant systems and tools. For example, incident management, change management, or compliance management systems.
Test the IRM system to ensure it is functioning as expected and make any necessary adjustments.
Deploy the IRM system in a phased approach, starting with a small group of users and gradually expanding to include all relevant users.
8. Ongoing Maintenance:
Monitor the IRM system on an ongoing basis, making any necessary updates and improvements. Also, ensure that the system remains relevant and effective in managing risk
Benefits of ServiceNow Integrated Risk Management
The benefits of using ServiceNow IRM for managing information security and risk include the following-
Improved risk visibility:
ServiceNow IRM provides a centralized view of the organization’s risk posture, enabling better visibility into potential risks and facilitating informed decision-making.
Streamlined risk management processes:
The automation of common risk management tasks, such as risk assessments and risk mitigation activities, can improve the efficiency and accuracy of these processes.
ServiceNow IRM facilitates collaboration between different teams and departments, helping to ensure that everyone is working together towards a common goal of managing risk.
ServiceNow IRM helps organizations to monitor and enforce compliance with regulations, standards, and best practices. Also, it helps in reducing the risk of non-compliance and associated penalties.
Improved risk communication:
ServiceNow IRM provides a centralized repository for storing and sharing risk-related information. It helps to enhance communication and transparency around risk management activities.
The automation of risk management processes and the integration with other ServiceNow modules can reduce manual effort and improve the overall efficiency of risk management activities.
Better risk decision-making:
The availability of real-time risk data and the ability to track risk trends over time can provide valuable insights. It can inform better decision-making around risk management.
Integration with other ServiceNow modules:
IRM integrates with other ServiceNow modules, such as Incident Management, Change Management, and Compliance Management, to provide a comprehensive risk management solution.
How Can Aelum Consulting Help with ServiceNow Risk Management?
Aelum Consulting is a Premier ServiceNow partner that provides consulting services to organizations looking to implement and optimize ServiceNow for their risk management needs. Specifically for ServiceNow Risk Management, we can help with the following-
Our expertise can help organizations assess and analyze their risk landscape by leveraging ServiceNow’s risk management capabilities to identify, evaluate, and prioritize risks.
We can help with risk analysis by providing expertise in identifying, assessing, and managing organisational risks. They can develop risk management strategies and provide recommendations to mitigate potential risks, ensuring businesses can operate effectively and efficiently.
Risk Treatment Planning:
We can help organizations develop risk treatment plans aligned with their risk management strategy and objectives. It includes defining risk mitigation strategies and developing action plans to address identified risks.
Risk Monitoring and Reporting:
We can help organizations set up risk monitoring and reporting processes using ServiceNow’s risk management capabilities. It includes setting up risk dashboards and reports to provide real-time visibility into the organization’s risk profile.
We can help organizations manage compliance requirements using ServiceNow’s compliance management capabilities. It includes tracking regulatory requirements and controls and automating compliance assessments and audits.
Integration with other ServiceNow modules:
We can help organizations integrate their risk management processes with other ServiceNow modules, such as IT Service Management and Security Operations. It can provide a more holistic view of an organization’s risk posture.
ServiceNow Integrated Risk Management Examples
Here are some examples of how organizations can use ServiceNow Integrated Risk Management (IRM) to manage risks in their operations:
A financial services firm can use ServiceNow IRM to assess and manage the risk of financial fraud and cyber attacks. You can use this platform to evaluate the risk of specific incidents, such as phishing scams. Also, it can help to implement risk mitigation strategies, such as employee training programs.
A healthcare organization can use ServiceNow IRM to assess and manage the risk of data breaches and HIPAA violations. You can use this platform to track and respond to incidents, such as lost or stolen laptops containing sensitive patient information, and ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations.
A manufacturing organization can use ServiceNow IRM to assess and manage the risk of supply chain disruptions. You can use this platform to evaluate the risk of specific suppliers, such as those located in countries with political instability, and implement risk mitigation strategies, such as diversifying suppliers
A retail organization can use ServiceNow IRM to assess and manage the risk of security incidents, such as theft and shoplifting. You can use this platform to track and respond to incidents such as break-ins and robberies. Also, it can help to implement security measures, such as video surveillance systems.
Frequently Asked Questions
What roles & responsibilities does ServiceNow Integrated Risk Management plays in the easy business process?
In ServiceNow IRM, define various roles to help manage information security and risk. Some common roles include:
- Risk Owner: Responsible for managing and mitigating risks associated with specific assets or business processes.
- Risk Manager: Responsible for overseeing the risk management process, monitoring the overall risk posture of the organization, and making decisions around risk management.
- Compliance Officer: Responsible for ensuring the organization complies with relevant regulations, standards, and best practices.
- Policy Owner: Responsible for developing, maintaining, and enforcing security policies & procedures.
- Auditor: Responsible for conducting risk assessments, reviewing compliance with policies and procedures, and providing recommendations for improving the risk management process.
These roles can be defined and assigned in ServiceNow IRM, and users can be granted access to the relevant parts of the system based on their role. By assigning specific roles and responsibilities, organizations can ensure that risk management is performed in a consistent and effective manner.
The process of using ServiceNow IRM for managing information security and risk typically involves the following steps:-
- Identify and categorize the assets and business processes critical to the organization and assess the risks associated with each.
- Conduct risk assessments on the assets and business processes, using risk assessment templates or custom assessments as needed. The assessment results are then stored in the ServiceNow IRM database.
- Based on the results of the risk assessments, create risk mitigation plans and assign mitigation tasks to specific individuals. The progress and completion of these tasks can be tracked and monitored in ServiceNow IRM.
- Develop, manage, and enforce security policies and procedures. Also, one can assign these policies to specific assets and business processes as needed.
- Monitor compliance with regulations, standards, & best practices, track compliance activities and generate reports as needed.
- Use the ServiceNow IRM dashboard to monitor the overall organizational risk posture, track risk trends over time, and make informed decisions around risk management.
- Periodically review and update the risk assessments, mitigation plans, and security policies to ensure they remain relevant and effective in managing risk.
This process can be repeated on an ongoing basis to provide continuous risk management and ensure that the organization’s risk posture remains under control.